Community of Peace Academy’s Preschool 4 Peace, Elementary School, Middle School and High School are co-located in a common school facility that occupies an entire city block in a residential neighborhood on the East Side of St. Paul.
There have been three major facility additions since the founding of the school in 1995:
- 1997: the first addition gave the school a Music Room, Library/Media Center, Computer Lab and designated Kindergarten wing.
- 2002: The High School was added, which include a beautiful new Art room, a state of the art Science laboratory, and a second computer lab.
- 2008: Construction of the regulation sized gymnasium and auditorium was completed. The Rusthoven Gynmasium and Auditorium, named after CPA’s founder, Dr. Karen Rusthoven, includes a roof garden, the first “green roof” completed in the City of St. Paul, and the first in Minnesota on a public school building.
Two playground spaces, a dedicated PreK playground and a larger playlot and field, afford students outdoor space for physical activity and movement.
CPA Green Roof Facts
- 50,163 plants are planted on the roof.
- Conserves energy by reducing heating and cooling needs
- Mitigates urban heat-island effect
- Creates a wildlife habitat
- Improves aesthetic environment
- Provides an educational amenity for students and staff